From your engagement party to “I Do”, there’s going to be plenty of events when you’ll want your makeup to last! Looking fresh from start to finish is quite simple if you follow these tricks that will ensure you’re the glowing bride…
1. Perfect Product We recommend you opt for waterproof eyeliners and mascaras to prevent running and smudging throughout the day and night (and to avoid the unsightly raccoon eye)!
2. Prime time! If you’re not using a makeup primer then you’re missing out on the wonderful world of long-lasting, flawless makeup! A good primer prolongs the wear of foundation and stops it from slipping and sliding off throughout the day.
3. Powder Me Pretty! A translucent powder is a must-have to set makeup in place! Carry it with you for bathroom touch-ups.
4. Spritz me! A spritz of makeup finishing spray, such as Urban Decay’s All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray does wonders to keep makeup firmly in place.
5. Can’t touch this! Try to consciously avoid touching your face and eyes throughout the day. Not only will it stop you from smearing and smudging your gorgeous makeup, but you’ll also avoid any oils your hands will be leaving on your face.
6. Be prepared like a girl scout. Pack the essentials so you’re able to do necessary touch ups. Blotting papers are a great way to quickly reduce shine (or even cut up tissue paper and stash in your purse for a cost effective option). Carry a few q-tips for any under the eye smudges and an extra eyeliner handy for any quick fixes.